School is going on for three weeks now and I finally got all my school supplies (is that late? maybe). But I always have troubles finding the wrapping paper you want or what colour folder to take. So ever since last year I keep it simple. white folder, plain pencils and if I have to use wrapping paper (which isn’t much), it’s also plain. For the simple reason that you can design them yourself. With whatever you like, and It’s super easy!
I know you can buy really cool pencils in the shops already, but what the fun about that? you can’t brag with your friends with ordinary pencils. Solution DIY FUN!
1. First, of course, you’ll have to buy some pencils. Obviously you can find them everywhere! (And plain ones come in bigger packages :p)
2. Next, the most important thing to have when you make DIY’s WASHI TAPE! It’s a necessity, really. You can make everything cooler with it!
3. All you gotta do next is just tape it over the pencils. You can go round it or just from top to bottom. what you think looks better with the pattern. Mine are from top to bottom and I think they’re amazing!
And that’s it for the pencils! told you it was easy!
Next op FOLDER!
for this one you will need: A plain folder (white or coloured, depending on what you will put on it). transparent sticky wrapping paper, scissors, paper and colours.
To begin, you will have to draw or print something of that you’ll be placing on it. I drawn Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. And cut it out.
Now you have all, we can start!
1. Take the transparent wrapping paper and place your drawing on it. First make a slightly bigger rectangle and cut it out.
(ignore all the stuff around my little stitch! I would stay open otherwise!! :s)
2. Then take you image and place it on the wrapping paper to draw around the outlines.
PS: Take a centimeter off the actual drawing! (so that you have stickiness around the picture as well!
AND PLACE THE IMAGE THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! If you don’t it wont work.
3. Cut out the outlined wrapping paper and SLOWLY remove the paper from it. When that is don you can place you picture onto the sticky paper and make sure it fits right.
(Soooorry, if you can’t see the transparent paper clearly, I did my best)
4. And finishing this off, very simple. Place the image onto your folder and press it on. minimize the air bubbles and that’s done.
5. Brag with your friends! 😀
Of course the inside of you file will wont some creative attention, too! Fill it with your favorite quotes and lyrics, little drawing throughout the year and you’ll have and amazing memory map you’ll never want to throw away!! For some more inspiration check out my folder of last year!
I hope you liked it! Because I’d love to make some more DIY’s!